Term 4 Professional Learning: Planning and Programming for 2018
Tuesday, 28th November 4:30pm – 6:30pm
Seven Oaks SHS , 275 Sevenoaks St, Cannington WA 6107
The ETAWA would like to invite you to an afternoon of professional
On offer will be four sessions to share ideas regarding programming and
planning for your courses in 2018. Each will be led by a leading educator,
but attendees are invited to share their own ideas of what has proven
successful in their own schools.
Four separate sessions will cater for:
- ATAR Literature – with special guest, Brian Moon, ECU
- General English – with Rod Quin, English Consultant
- ATAR English – with Melanie Thorpe, Carmel School
- 7-8 English – with Melanie Hindley, Hale School
Each session will cover: approaching the syllabus, assessment, an
opportunity for questions and time for small group sharing of ideas.
Term 4 Professional Learning: Successful Job Applications
Wednesday, 8th November 4:30pm – 6:00pm
Carmel School, 123 Cresswell Road, Dianella 6059
The ETAWA would like to invite you to an afternoon of professional learning.
Writing a successful application, especially for graduates and early career teachers, can be a daunting task. However, it need not be. Melanie Thorpe, English teacher and Head of Secondary at Carmel School, has had the responsibility of employing many staff throughout her career. In this session, she will share a range of tips and strategies from writing a successful application to interview performance. Learn how to address criteria, write an engaging and succinct cover letter and writing in the most appropriate style.
In addition, you’ll hear from two English teachers who have recently been through the application and interview processes, and find out what made them successful candidates.
- This session is open to graduate and early career teachers, as well as other interested teachers. Students are invited to take this opportunity to join the ETAWA at the discounted student rate, at our website: https://www.etawa.org.au/membership/
- Afternoon tea will be supplied.
- Carmel School is located at 123 Cresswell Road, Dianella, with plenty of on and off-street parking and is accessible via a number of Transperth bus routes. The session will take place in the Library.